Monday, September 24, 2007

Of maths and a missing car

What a very strange dream.

I dreamt that I was still attending school, and the teacher had given us Maths homework the previous day. I forgot about it, and it wasn't till it was almost due when I suddenly remembered and wanted to hurry home to do it.

Alas and alack, when I got to the parking lot, I couldn't find my car so I trudged the perimeter of the school in the darkness and rain, clicking my red pen (which happens to be the remote for my car - go figure) to see which car will beep in response. Halfway through, my pen broke. By then, I was beyond frustrated.

I climbed hills and circled the parking lot twice, almost in tears. All the while, I was thinking about the Maths homework I had yet to finish.

Then, out of the blue, my husband came towards me, laughing. He handed me keys and pointed towards my car, which was parked back in its original spot.

Apparently, he had duplicated the keys using some kit his friend had borrowed him and drove my car somewhere else.

Boy, was I mad.

Towards the end of the dream, I was doing my homework and slugging him with my maths book (which is pretty hefty), all the while scolding him for making me miserable and panicky.

He apologized over and over again but I was still pretty mad.

No comments: